Ads that really getting on my wick.....

Re: Two ads that are really getting on my wick...

The one thing that REALLY annoys me at the minute is the little piece of 'music' (really like a string instrument being strummed) at the end of anything to do with Avonmore.

Anyone know what I'm on about?

Hi. I know exactly what you are on about.

Equally annoying is the little 'hum' at the end of the Danone ads.

Is it the one for Fairy Powder or something....lots of different people saying stuff like...little cutie button nose and stuff like that....AGGHHHHHHHH.....if it is it is the worst thing ever (even worse than gotageta Garmin woman)
I think there are a couple of different Fairy ads all smug mummies singing in a childlike voice.........

That's the one, always played on 2fm, drives me nuckin futs!

Any of the Brennan's Bread ads. That voice is just the most annoying bloody thing on radio. Really gets on my a cups.

Is anyone else totally annoyed by the way the AA Roadwatch girls speak when they're doing traffic reports? You know, telling us about traffic heading "ite" of "tine" or about traffic heading "site" towards a "rindabite" etc. :rolleyes:

And their fellow travellers on radio ads who tell us that something is "pridely" supported by some company! :mad:

Does my head in!

There's a radio advert (with a breathy female D4 voiceover) for one of the 'butter but it's not really butter' products and she has this ridiculous affected posh accent as per your post - but then , hyper-annoyingly, she appears to forget herself a little and refers to 'bud-aytos' instead of potatoes?!

So, irritating on two levels - pretentious silly voice and to top it all off, mispronunciation too.

Two radio ads bugging me at the moment, both motoring related.

1. The Chevrolet "oh, that's extra" ads.....makes me laugh when the guy at the end says "chevrolet....from €13000 (or whatever the price is), delivery and related charges not included .....they'd be extra then?! :D

2. The Zurich insurance ad for "better drivers" where he's the smug know-it-all and she's the "muppet"! Grrrrr!!

Also on the TV front - GOTOGETAGATEAUX is not as good as the original either.

we are very easily annoyed!
What about yet one kirstine that reads the news on newstalk with her sex line voice

Totally agree with you. She freaks me out, honestly sounds like she's 'in the middle of something' and reading the news at the same time

Two radio ads bugging me at the moment, both motoring related.

1. The Chevrolet "oh, that's extra" ads.....makes me laugh when the guy at the end says "chevrolet....from €13000 (or whatever the price is), delivery and related charges not included .....they'd be extra then?! :D

Exactly Gipimann. And there was another radio ad last year with two guys talking about some product where the 2nd guy keeps asking "..but where's the catch?" and the 1st guy keeps replying "....but there is no catch!"

And then it ended with another guy saying "Terms and conditions apply!" :rolleyes:

What about the ad on radio at the moment with the song "You make me feel like a natural woman, woman woman....?"

Can't remember the product but would other products make you feel like an unnatural woman? (Which begs the question:- What would an unnatural woman look like?) :eek:

Answers on a postcard please! :D

What about the ad on radio at the moment with the song "You make me feel like a natural woman, woman woman....?"

Can't remember the product but would other products make you feel like an unnatural woman? (Which begs the question:- What would an unnatural woman look like?) :eek:

Answers on a postcard please! :D

this?

Totally agree with you. She freaks me out, honestly sounds like she's 'in the middle of something' and reading the news at the same time

LOL just heard her there earlier, very strange alright!

Excellent thread - many annoying ads described here.

How about the ones for 'Growing up milk' where its implied that feeding your toddler this souped-up (expensive) gack is going to have the cold virus literally bouncing off their cute little force-field defence... utter tosh.

On the subject of toddlers, also hate the ads for 'antibac' sprays where its suggested that the youngster's high-seat tray has more bacteria on it than a loo seat (can someone please explain this?) and that its necessary to disinfect your car seats, curtains, door handles, ceilings or else your children will become horribly ill... fact is they're more likely to become horribly ill if you do all this cos they're immune system never got challenged.

Last but not least - all those ads where your clothes smell like flowers, silk (whatever that's supposed to smell of), or that washing-powdery smell they market to us as 'clean-smelling'... how about over-chemicalised instead.

Spent a while in an office where a colleague washed his clothes in (too much of) this stuff... he reeked of artificial flowers and it was completely weird when it clashed with his aftershave - it lingered even after he would go home.

I absolutely hate the ad for Corsodyl Mouthwash .. the one where someone is supposedly spitting "blood" into the sink as their teeth are being cleaned..

eww I have just seen an advert for a pedegg which is basically a foot file for filing away the dead skin off your foot, the best thing is where they demonstrate how the pedegg collects all your dead skin within it and it shows you how you empty out a load of skin dust afterwards......yuk

Excellent thread - many annoying ads described here.

How about the ones for 'Growing up milk' where its implied that feeding your toddler this souped-up (expensive) gack is going to have the cold virus literally bouncing off their cute little force-field defence... utter tosh.

On the subject of toddlers, also hate the ads for 'antibac' sprays where its suggested that the youngster's high-seat tray has more bacteria on it than a loo seat (can someone please explain this?) and that its necessary to disinfect your car seats, curtains, door handles, ceilings or else your children will become horribly ill... fact is they're more likely to become horribly ill if you do all this cos they're immune system never got challenged.

Last but not least - all those ads where your clothes smell like flowers, silk (whatever that's supposed to smell of), or that washing-powdery smell they market to us as 'clean-smelling'... how about over-chemicalised instead.

Spent a while in an office where a colleague washed his clothes in (too much of) this stuff... he reeked of artificial flowers and it was completely weird when it clashed with his aftershave - it lingered even after he would go home.

With you on this one.

People now are too obsessed with cleanliness, and its strange that so many people are sick all the time!! I think it has been accepted that there are more ill children than in the past, and there is a lot more with dermatitis problems, probably caused by too many chemicals in everything these days.

In the past did we ever wash our hands before eating dinner? I know I didn't and I'm still fit and healthy. Did your mum have a cupboard full of anti-bacterial this and that? Mine didn't.

We don't need to disinfect everything. You'll not die, despite the amount of fear they try to beat into you.

The one for Vanish I think it is "Intelligent stain seekers seek out the dirt" give me a break.....

Also the kinder beuno "A little bit of what you fancy" one, where the women take some guys towel while he's in the sauna, would love to have seen that done the other way around.....

I actually really like the 'fart in the lift' ad - I know I shouldn't but it just makes me giggle :eek: Also loving the new Cadburys ad, with the kids and the eyebrows - very funny.

I really find the Pat the Baker ad on TV annoying though - the singing isn't too bad but then at the end where the students in Fitzwilliam Square at the crack of dawn punch the air and shout "So fresh it's famous" - it's cringey and they look far too fresh for students out at that hour of the day :D

I have a new one that I find worse than the Avonmore ad - never thought it would happen.

Its the new radio ad for 11850.

Now first of all I seen the UK advert complete with Ray Parker Jr singing the Ghostbusters theme, with the words changed slightly.

In the Irish radio advert though , it just sounds so tacky. Its so obvious that the ad was sent over and a couple of bad singers went into the studio and dubbed their 11850 line over the top of it, and badly at that.

I have a new one that I find worse than the Avonmore ad - never thought it would happen.

Its the new radio ad for 11850.

Now first of all I seen the UK advert complete with Ray Parker Jr singing the Ghostbusters theme, with the words changed slightly.

In the Irish radio advert though , it just sounds so tacky. Its so obvious that the ad was sent over and a couple of bad singers went into the studio and dubbed their 11850 line over the top of it, and badly at that.

Agreed RMCF. I heard that version of the song on the ad and it's truly awful!

They seem to be prolonging the history of that song!

Huey Lewis sued Ray Parker Junior as the song Ghostbusters was a complete rip off of his song, I Want A New Drug. The case was settled out of court but RPJ has since sued HL for breaching the confidentiality terms of the settlement. Only in America.

Just in case anyone is interested................................ :)

Back