ZoneAlarm Pro and leaving PC running overnight

R

Ryaner

Hi

Running Windows XP Pro and using Zone Alarm Pro

Left PC on overnight as was downloading a file with Sharezza

When I checked this morning connection still running but cannot get onto the net ???
Also Sharezza disconnected

No spyware or virus, checked with Norton and Lavasoft

Does zonealarm reset itself if pc left and blocks everything on or is it something else I am missing ?

Cheers

I don't see any obvious reason straight off to blame ZoneAlarm. If the download in question was initiated OK and left running then ZoneAlarm presumably allowed the traffic in question and, unless the download subsequently attempted to use other blocked protocols/ports, presumably would have allowed it to continue. Perhaps the download failed simply because of network problems or restrictions (e.g. your ISP resetting the connection in line with the relevant service agreement terms & conditions or download/session limits)?

Does zonealarm reset itself if pc left and blocks everything on or is it something else I am missing ?

I don't understand this bit - perhaps you can clarify?

Hi

Thanks for that

ISP is utvinternet so not sure If I went over d/l cap have to check but dont think so

I thought zonealarm would block d/l if pc left idle and it would block any incoming files ?

Cheers

I thought zonealarm would block d/l if pc left idle and it would block any incoming files

I'm not aware of any such ZoneAlarm feature but that's not to say that it doesn't exist. Any chance that your PC kicked into some sort of power save mode and knocked the connection off?

Hi

No the powersave is not on checked in control panel

Think it might be something to do with system staying idle and ZoneAlarm set for standard time

Have to check settings when I get home

Ta

Oh - maybe it's a feaure of ZoneAlarm Pro as I'm more familiar with the free edition?

Back