Zip Lock Bags Airport Security

irishmoss

Going in the morning and just purchased a box of Glad Ziplok bags BUT they have a pattern on them. Are they allowed??

The DAA ones that they used to hand out for free (and which I still use) have a 'block' pattern and the DAA logo on them - they're not totally clear. I wouldn't worry too much, worst case scenario you'll have to buy one from the vending machine at the dep gates.

Last time I was in Stanstead Ryanair I had to pay £1 for 4 small resealable bags available from a vending machine outside the security gate. They do need to be transparent, I was wondering if one has only got a couple of small items if a small plastic non sealable food bag would do instead?

I believe it must be resealable but it need not necessiarily be the ones they issue for 2 for €1. You can buy a box of these in the supermarket. Browtal

Recently I went through security with a plastic zip wash bag - its transparent, the security person wouldn't allow this and I had to get the ones they issue (2 for €1). However I have used this bag for the last few years with no issue - with that in mind I am not sure anyone can answer as it seems to depend in the security on duty :)

Has to be resealable top to allow for liquids to leak and sufficent size to hold items which could include 10 small 100ml bottle or tubes so your average sandwich bag with ziploc is fine.

Back