Zero bills from Bord Gais

billb

I connected my electricity on my new house last June via Bord Gais and since then every time I get a bill it shows no usage as the bill is issued a few days before ESB Networks comes and reads the meter

I have complained to Bord Gais and they say the problem is with ESB and they can do nothing about it

I escalated the issue to the Commission for Energy Regulation and they say that I need to go through the Bord Gais compaints procedure (again) before they can help

Anyone had the same problem or got any suggestions ??

Hi billb, we had this problem last year when we switched to airtricity, but we actually received no bills at all. We contacted both companies to find that ESB no longer had us on their system and Airtricity had no record of us at all. We knew we had set up with airtricity because my brother worked for them so we gave it a couple of months and about five or six months later we got a bill for the last two months. We queried this and were told the bill was only in place two months, even though had contacted them about it before.

So what I'm trying (badly) to say is maybe they have made a big mistake and once you are still receiving power and notifying them about the situation there should be nothing to worry about

Surely BG would issue their bills on the same cycle as ESB did. They certainly did with us. It is certainly BGs problem and they should fix it.

Back