You lot all head to bed early?

RMCF

I have noticed in recent times while on AAM during what some might say are unsociable hours (I work night shifts and have had a new baby recently so I do find myself online at weird hours sometimes) that the posts all seem to stop around 11pm or so.

Is everyone on here all 9-5 workers?

It can get lonely at night here:D

The vast majority of posts on AAM occur between the hours for 8:30 and 5:30.... When people are at work!
The vast majority of posts on the Public Service/Civil Service Vs Private Service debates are during office hours. Make of that what you will!!!!!!

The vast majority of posts on AAM occur between the hours for 8:30 and 5:30.... When people are at work!
The vast majority of posts on the Public Service/Civil Service Vs Private Service debates are during office hours. Make of that what you will!!!!!!

And majority of those posts are from AAM members who seem to be anti Public Service/Civil Service.......... ;)

Lex usually logs on late in the evening after a few scoops and rousing renditionss of Viva l'Amour (Cork style) in 'The Elongated Geographic Depression' :D

Lex usually logs on late in the evening after a few scoops and rousing renditionss of Viva l'Amour (Cork style) in 'The Elongated Geographic Depression' :D

I don't think I've ever heard my favourite hostelry being described thus, Chocs. Nice one! :) I hope the less enlightened members here understand...... ;)

And, after a quart of the good stuff, and as the sun begins to sink in the western sky, I'm now ready for my next rousing rendition.....

All together now..............

And then in the springtime of laughter and song
Can I ever forget the sweet hours?
With the friends of my youth as we rambled along
'Mongst the green mossy banks and wild flowers.
Then too, when the evening sun's sinking to rest
Sheds its golden light over the sea
The maid with her lover the wild daisies pressed
On the banks of my own lovely Lee
The maid with her lover the wild daisies pressed
On the banks of my own lovely Lee.

And, for the unenlightened.......

[broken link removed]

Lex, don't get me wrong, I love this pub too, but wasn't it better when the old lady used to work there (even if it took an age to get a pint), all the staff wore long white coats and the "gents" was outside?

Incidently, what say you of The Hibernian Bar?

Lex, don't get me wrong, I love this pub too, but wasn't it better when the old lady used to work there (even if it took an age to get a pint), all the staff wore long white coats and the "gents" was outside?

Incidently, what say you of The Hibernian Bar?

Oh, happy days, Firefly. I actually preferred it even more back then also.

Yeah, that was Mrs. Moynihan. Humphrey's wife. And the white coats were great too! Do you remember Humphrey, the owner? What a character!!!! And back then there was always more of a crush when there was a crowd. The bar has been moved back since, to create more space.

What I love most about the place is that it's a very bohemian spot. You never know who you might meet in there! Alas, I don't get in there as much as I used to. I imbibe locally, now, and only get into Town the odd weekend.

I haven't been in the Hi B in years. About 15, I reckon, but some of my friends love the place. Anyone visiting Cork should pay it a visit, as it's such a unique spot.

Back