You can watch the Dail Committee discussion live

Joan Burton has been hogging the bit I have watched since 3pm. The Ceann Comhairle is trying to shut her up, but she won't stop.

Now the Minister is trying to reply to John Bruton's 14 questions, Joan Burton keeps interrupting to make the same points over and over again.

It is a pity that we don't allow bad language on Askaboutmoney. I am shouting at the screen every time Joan Burton interrrupts.

The scary thing is she doesn't understand what the minister is talking about and yet she is labours finance spokesperson. God forbid.

It is a pity that we don't allow bad language on Askaboutmoney. I am shouting at the screen every time Joan Burton interrrupts.

Can you not just turn the sound down?, I find it's the best way of coping with Joan Burton

The scary thing is she doesn't understand what the minister is talking about and yet she is labours finance spokesperson. .

Actually, she does have a reasonable grasp. But she is just not allowing anyone else to speak. The Ceann Comhairle had to cut Richard Bruton short and I would have liked to hear from him.

Now Senator Quinn has been called to speak, but I expect that they will limit his time.

Brendan

The government's preference shares have warrants to buy the shares in AIB and Bank of Ireland at a price just under 60 cents.

She is at it again while the Minister is answering some interesting questions from Deputy Fahey.

Lenihan is doing well. She is coming across very badly. The opposition have had a bad week on this issue

Frank Fahey "interesting"? I hope that is a tongue-in-cheek euphemism, Brendan, for his idea that we're all going to make loads of money on NAMA as - in his words on Newstalk the other days - property is already rising (in which case do we need NAMA?)

Or what about Lenihan saying that if the valuation from the "independent valuers" come back and he doesn't like it he gets to decide?

Let's stop the distasteful bashing of Bruton and focus on what he's saying please.

I have a low opinion of Frank Fahey generally.

His questions were interesting.

He asked John Mulcahy , the valuer, what his record on predicting the market was.

He asked him about his qualifications.

He asked how development land on the edge of towns would be valued.

They are interesting questions.

He is now answering them, during the break from Joan Burton's interruptions.

Valuation process does sound pretty robust. Would like to hear more about these market 'norms' and the 7 year period they are talking about

George Lee tried to get in but I don't think he did. It's not clear. John Mulcahy may have answered a question in the crossfire.

Valuation process does sound pretty robust.

Can you summarise it. What do they consider the "norm"? House prices from 1991 + inflation?

Mulcahy states that on average prices recover by 88% from trough; (a) how does he get the 88% figure, (b) how long does he give the recovery and (c) the problem is, we're still not sure how deep this trough is?

The minutes will be posted on the Dail website, tonight or tomorrow.

I didn't follow it, but he seemed to think that the average recovery in property slumps from trough was 88% in 7 years. He also felt we were at the trough now.

George Lee seemed to query that, but didn't press it.

Back