Yet another Government/Politicians Rant

Did anyone see Joan Burton on Vincent Browne show last night?
For about 20 minuntes he pressed her on what part of the savings would come from cutting expenditure or increased taxes and she would/could not answer him. The average AAM poster can come up with at least a couple of suggestions to bring in money.
At one point she was going on about tax shelters for landlords but it was pointed out to her that they are self assessed and any money saved would not come until the end of the year and we need money now.
She did her party no favours at all.

I agree. The only opposition politician making any substantive suggestions at the moment is Richard Bruton.
Joan Burton is full of sound bites and hot air. Labour know that they have just got the public sector block that used to support FF and are terrified of losing them therefore they will play politics 'till the local elections and hope for a general election before their lack of substance is exposed.

I am sorry for starting another thread on this and I thought I had got it all out of my system already but the latest news and set of interviews, I have realised I haven't!
If it's any consolation I know how you feel. Sometimes I'm so mad I can't post :eek:. I think an election would cheer everybody up, clear the air, politicians lay their cards on the table and make the electorate realise that the hard decisions have to be made and pick who is going to implement it. We need strong capable leadership backed by the majority for the really tough times ahead.

Back