Xtracker overnight rate swap etf

That's XEON - a popular money market fund.

You will have instant access.

Tax is exit tax (41%, deemed disposal etc) rather than 33% DIRT.

There is no deposit protection. Capital at risk.

XEON tracks ESTR which is 3.90%. TER (total expenses) are 0.10%. Net return is approx. 3.80%.

Considered a low risk investment. The higher tax rate might be worth it given the higher return than most deposit products.

XEON can be purchased for free from certain brokers.

That's XEON - a popular money market fund.

You will have instant access.

Tax is exit tax (41%, deemed disposal etc) rather than 33% DIRT.

There is no deposit protection. Capital at risk.

XEON tracks ESTR which is 3.90%. TER (total expenses) are 0.10%. Net return is approx. 3.80%.

Considered a low risk investment. The higher tax rate might be worth it given the higher return than most deposit products.

XEON can be purchased for free from certain brokers.

thus the return to me is ~3.8% - (41% in taxes)

deleting this as i am incorrect and do not want to mislead others.

Last edited:
Don't forget you have an annual CGT allowance meaning first 1270 is tax free. Plus any rolled over CGT losses can also be offset against it before you pay tax.

So someone with no other CGT gains/losses could earn the full 3.8% on a fund of approx 33k without paying tax.

The tax treatment of the fund in question is dealt with under Part 27 Chapter 4 of the Taxes Consolidation Act.

There is no mention of a tax free allowance or the ability to offset losses in that part of the legislation.

As you were told previously:

Can I offset ETF gains against the annual CGT exemption (1270 eur)?

UCIT ETFs are absolutely nothing to do with CGT, tax and annual allowance.

The tax treatment of the fund is specified in the following sections of legislation:

Back