Xperia problem.

Markove

XA2 ULTRA. After being accidentally dropped on a concrete floor the microphone is not working. When conducting calls my voice can only be heard using the loudspeaker. No other damage is evident. I'm wondering about repair options and costs and who to contact in that regard. It's a brilliant phone, well worth repairing I think, but not under warranty unfortunately.

Warranty wouldn't cover dropping your phone (or anything else) onto concrete!

What part of the country are you in?

Google "mobile phone repairs", you'll get a list of places. One that I've used and was impressed with was iphonerepairs.ie out in a windswept industrial park near Blanchardstown. Not much use to you down in Limerick, but might be worth giving them a call and ask about cost of repair. If they recognise the problem and can quote you a ballpark figure, I'd be prepared to bet it's a reasonable price that you could use to benchmark other quotes against that you might get closer to home.

Thank you. Many of the repair shops in my own area would have a poor reputation. I'll try Sony Ireland as well. They have a repair facility in Rathcoole.

Back