XP screensaver change

max

I'm trying to change my screensaver, but when I go Control Panel > Display there isn't a tab there for Screensaver, thus I cannot change the damn thing. Is there any other way of changing a screensaver on Windows XP?

Hi Max,

If you go to your main screen and right click on the mouse the Properties tab should be available. Select this and Display Properties options should appear. The Screen Saver tab will be available. You should be able to choose from the selection there.

HTH.

Hi, no good unfortunately, the screensaver tab is still not there. The pc I'm using belongs to my company and they have managed to remove the option of changing the screensaver somehow. I'm trying to find how to change it because an recent download changed the screensaver to something undesirable.

As your company has restricted the screensave option, I don't think you'll be able to get it back.

try this....

go to explorer, go to the windows folder.
search for *.scr this will return all the screensavers.

delete the one you dont want and rename or copy one you do to the deleted one.

unless your company has restricted your access to the windows folder, this should work.

Could Car or someone else help me with this? I want to use my own chosen images as screensaver.

Some time ago I downloaded various images I particularly wanted and these are now my 'slideshow' screensaver. They display randomly with the images alternately 'sliding' into view, or coming in two parts from the side. So far so good!

HOWEVER I can't remember how I did it! I've tried everything I can think of since, no joy.

Does anyone know how to import images from the web or from existing 'My Pictures' folders on the p.c. so they display as part of screensaver?

There are two possible explanations, Marie — either

(a) you some sort of free 'slideshow screensaver' program from the web and have forgotten about it*. Maybe search through your 'Program Files' folder and see if you can spot it there? Or search for *.scr files, as car describes?

(b) your existing photo-viewing software contains this feature. When you double-click on an image file in your 'My Pictures' folder, what program does it open with?

* You need to be wary of these, a lot of them contain spyware/malware...

[EDIT: Actually, maybe there's a third possibility. Windows XP apparently contains it's own "My Pics" screensaver. See here...]

Thanks to Perspicacious Doc M I located "My Pictures" which during a lapse of consciousness I had made into a screen saver (still don't know how!) - confusing number of image-making options including Smart Capture Picture-It and all sorts of Microsoft stuff..............:confused: on my p.c. Have now put the new pictures on the "My Pictures" slideshow and they're part of the screensaver slideshow and look great.

Back