xda or blackberry?

dawnsurprise

just wondering what the main advantages of having an xda over a blackberry
has anyone got any experience of these
how useful are they

i am thinking on introducing to our sales team instead giving them just new mobile phones... want to be able to email them, send attachements, pdf as well as word, excel etc.... are they compatible with eudora email package?

are they expensive to run?
can they be charged in a car
do they connect to bluetooth car kit?

would welcome any feedback on above

We were issued with Blackberry Pearl phones, so far they are working out fine. E-mail aspect very useful, being able to open attachments in most packages and amending files. Excel can be a bit difficult to read depending on content. Otherwise Word, PDF and images all work fine. Bluetooth works well, Battery life good, Features comprehensive. Car charger was only available from Vodafone but a promise of more acc coming soon. One thing to note, E-mail still arrives at original destination, so duplicate editing required.

XDA...and use MS Push email, this will save the expense of having to purchase Blackberry server and licenses for each device. In my experience, and I have had both, MS push email is much easier to install and config on device. One security feature MS push has is it the ability to enforce security policy on the devices. This can be a simple pin number, but if the phone is stolen ... the device can be wiped (all contacts / email's) and locked!! You also have a record on the IMEI which can be used to block to device at network level.

Contact O2 data team and discuss options.

Both can be charged in car
Both have bluetooth
You can get data plan from O2 for all device

Where are you using Eudora? What email server / system do you use?

Eoin

I do not work for O2 or MS.

I have blackberry 7100v with Vodafone, not much more epxensive than phone. Don't have exchange server though but still excellent value. Although new generation of 3G phones will provide full internet access...there is a 3G Blackberry out but a bit omre pricey

Back