xd memory card reader..where can i get one?

chico_d

hi,

I am looking for an xd memory card reader to connect to my computer, but am not having much luck getting one. Ive tried, argos, pc world, curry's, and a few small camera shops... does anyone know where to get one, in dublin city or south county?

Thanks!

the card belongs to a digital camera rite? you can connect the camera directly to the usb port of the pc, there should be one usb cable cam e with the camera, this should save u money to buy a usb reader

if u really need one, u can check out Maplin eletrconics (maplin.co.uk) they are opposite pennys in Henry street

Not necessarily - not all digital cameras these days appear as simple USB flash drives when plugged in. Many require special software/protocols to access them and you can't easily access them as a raw drive if that's what's required.

Hi,

Thanks for your help. I could connect my camera to the usb port but i dont have an adaptor to plug my camera in either, so it uses up the batteries in around 4 minutes, and ive tried even more shops to try to find an adaptor before i thought of the memory card reader!! I just find memory card readers a bit more simple to use really!!

I could connect my camera to the usb port but i dont have an adaptor to plug my camera in either
You mean a power supply? Can you not just buy a suitable cheap multi voltage one (e.g. from Argos or Maplin) and use that?
so it uses up the batteries in around 4 minutes
Weird. Wonder why it uses the batteries so quickly when connected as a USB flash drive? What make & model?

Back