www.lettingsabroad.com

P

paddrog

Came across a new but potentially good new website called
http://www.lettingsabroad.com/

which lets you register your holiday properties for rental for free till jan 2007. I registered and uploaded my property in Bulgaria pretty easily. I like the fact it has an availibility calendar and a pretty cool sms alert feature where if u register ur mobile no and you get and email enquiry you also get an alert telling you that an enquiry has been made. saves you checking the mail all the time !!!
Looks like about 50 properties up there already.

No offence but first time posters recommending specific commercial sites are generally viewed with skepticism or suspicion around here. Do you have any vested interest in this site aside from the fact that you are advertising your property on it and might well benefit from prompting the site to generate traffic to it?

I agree with you ClubMan. Having said that it might be genuine as it is an interesting site and idea!!!!

nothing genuine about this site!
is such a copy of www.holiday-rentals.com is beyond belief!
yes even down to the sms service and the availability calender is virtually a direct copy!
paddrog if you have a vested interest you have an uphill battle!!!!!!! there are 18100 properties on holiday rentals website which is a lot more than 50!
Anyway threw our villa in Nerja on to make it 51!
Bar none in my book for a couple of hundred euro holidayrentals website is the best and only marketing we need to do to get virtually year round rental. For this reason I would be surprised if we subscribed to holiday lettings website after trial period.

markowitzman said:
nothing genuine about this site!
is such a copy of www.holiday-rentals.com is beyond belief!
yes even down to the sms service and the availability calender is virtually a direct copy!
paddrog if you have a vested interest you have an uphill battle!!!!!!! there are 18100 properties on holiday rentals website which is a lot more than 50!
Anyway threw our villa in Nerja on to make it 51!
Bar none in my book for a couple of hundred euro holidayrentals website is the best and only marketing we need to do to get virtually year round rental. For this reason I would be surprised if we subscribed to holiday lettings website after trial period.

Hi markowitzman,

I,ve seen you post about holiday-rentals.com previously and I was just wondering how the actual rental process works. Do enquiries come directly to yourself? Do you manage the availability on a week to week basis?. When you get a booking do you contact a management company in Spain to let them know when guests are coming so they can meet them, give them keys, collect payment etc. Does this not all take a lot of administration time for yourself?

Also Im curious to know how many weeks in the year on average you can rent the appartment?

Im interested in buying something in Spain myself and just wondering how all this works?

Thanks,
Warren

have agent (husband and wife team) that clean villa, meet and greet clients, do garden and general maintenance etc etc
also have pool engineer to service pool
yes to start lot of admin for myself but holidayrentals website very smooth system
I get text to say enquiry to my email address.
Answer email and take booking etc........once deposit cheque arrives email to confirm.........send on villa details including agent details........and then after client visit look for feedback.
So yes much more time intensive than long term lets.
Main advice is get someone local to the property to take care of all.
Dont get one group to clean another to greet and meet and another to do garden etc as this ends up a mess as all have to be available on the changeover day which rarely actually happens.
So you need one poor soul to do all.
All this does cost money......agent circa 75euro per changeover plus 2kpa for garden plus approx 3k for pool maintenance including chemicals. Electricity is also significant to heat pool.
Still good return but labour intensive all round.
As I have said before would advise villa with private pool over an appt as much easier to rent but much more time intensive etc.
Good luck Warren.

paddrog said:
Came across a new but potentially good new website called
http://www.lettingsabroad.com/

which lets you register your holiday properties for rental for free till jan 2007. I registered and uploaded my property in Bulgaria pretty easily. I like the fact it has an availibility calendar and a pretty cool sms alert feature where if u register ur mobile no and you get and email enquiry you also get an alert telling you that an enquiry has been made. saves you checking the mail all the time !!!
Looks like about 50 properties up there already.

I agree with all previous posters..50 properties in all of Europe is hardly convincing..where did you hear about them? When you say "already " I presume you know when they started business?:rolleyes:

Hi, good to hear all the feedback about rental websites . I have a property in sunny beach bulgaria and was wondering what website you get the most rentals from and also what price per clean and keyhandout would i expect to pay

On a similar topic, saw a rather large (probably costly)ad in SBP yesterday for rentals in Turkey, without photos or a website reference. Has anybody who advertises this way for rental propoerties abroad considered seperate unique websites to allow interested parties to view them and check availability?

Holiday Rentals without a doubt is proving by far and away the best site to advertise on for me as well.

Does anyone know of a good property management company in the Languedoc region of France? Would like to put our property on holidayrentals but need to sort out someone to do changeovers, maintenance, etc. Heard of a local large company that charges 30% of the rental. Is this a bit steep?

Hi Molliesassy,

30% does seem very steep unless the apartment is letting around €400 per week as their fee is only circa €100 per week.

I assume if the rental is higher a lower fee could be negotiated.

Hi we use Julianna at Allez Languedoc, [broken link removed] have found her to be excellent for all our change overs etc and have recommended her to other people which also have found her to be most helpful. Cant sing her praises highly enough!

Thanks for the contact, Colby. Do they service as far south as St Cyprien area? Also, do you advertise yourself or leave them to so it?

I think they cover all Languedoc but you can get mail link from her page I advertise myself and Julianna looks after hire of sheets towels, end of stay clean and general maintenance issues for me. She has also organised tradesmen for different jobs for me and it has all worked out great for me.Really takes the hassle out of renting it out myself.
Anything else give me a shout

They sound ideal and I will look them up. May I ask how do you advertise? On the web? (which sites) Do you get a lot of bookings? We hope to rent out for July and August for the peak holiday season and go ourselves in June and maybe September. Then see what bookings we can get for the rest of the year, taking into account family members that will also want to use the house.

We advertise ont the net (Daft) and have no problems getting bookings, we are booked out from Early May to end August and have actually had to turn away some bookings, we would also get a fair few referrals from previous renters. We work with some other owners who advertise on other sites and pass on enquiries etc and vice versa so it all works out very well.

Advertising on Daft limits you to Irish renters doesn't it? Are you in an area thats particularly popular for the Irish? There never seems to be a lot of Irish where we are so I wonder would Daft work for us....but it would be no harm trying it!

Similar question does anyone know of a good property management company in the Lake Como region in Italy?

Back