www.bookinhotels.com - SCAM WEBSITE

R

Retailman

Folks,
Beware - Scam website.
My sister & her friend booked a hotel in London through www.bookinhotels.com and when she srrived today, they were told that booking is cancelled.
They are young and were quite frantic when this situation occured. I spoke to the manager of the hotel and he said that this website had booked rooms lately and a few days after booking they cancel them.
I presume this is in case you ring the hotel to double check booking. The manager has told me that they won't be accepting any more bookings from this site.
I had to book a room again directly and pay by credit card. There is contact details on website but these are a joke. Obviously no reply from email but the UK contact number transfers you to a foreign language which is unintereptable.
Once again, beware and do not book with www.bookinhotels.com
Retailman

My friend and her husband booked through this website, no such booking when they arrived today!! So BEWARE!

Do not book anthing through Bookinhotels. I have been trying to get through to Bookinhotels for the past 3 months to get a refund with out any success. I have emailed several hotel chains to make them aware that Bookinhotels is a company that con people out of there hard earned money. If you have any doubt just try and contact them by phone or email you will find you will not get to speak to any of there reps or they wont answer your emails. Also anyone with a similar problem with Bookinhotels please continue to contact any hotel they use and make them aware the type of company Bookinhotels are and they are out there stealing potential customers money

I too have been caught by these fraudsters. I booked through them, paid, got a voucher, turned up at the hotel to find that they had cancelled my booking. The hotel managed to get an email from them saying that they had refunded my account which would show within 7 days. Nearly a month later, no refund! There must be something we can do to stop these people from obtaining money - this company advertise all over the place. They are clearly fraudulent.

Myself and my husband booked 2 nights bed and breakfast with Jurys Inn, liverpool with Bookinhotels.com and unfortunately paid in full. The money has been taken from my credit card and when we arrived at the hotel we were told that the booking was cancelled. This website is a complete scam and is ripping people off. Please beware when booking from them. Unfortunately I should have reviewed them more before booking with them. It is very upsetting and frustrating to arrive at a hotel and be told your booking is cancelled and you have to pay again for a room. Please dont let bookinhotels scam anymore people!!!

One or all of you with this experience should write to BBC Watchdog. I know it's not irish consumer related BUT given the fact that this website offers Hotels in the UK, pretends they have an english based Customer Service AND also english people have been scamed by them, it might be considered as a topic into the program. I am pretty sure, it would be looked into by the Researchers at least. The more people complain to Watchdog, the more likely it's aired and more people are being warned off.

Btw: I am only a happy Watchdog viewer who learnt some things through the programme, no other associations!

I just had a look at the web-site and it is very professional and 'real' looking. But a google of the name before booking would have highlighted the problems with using this web-site.

I haven't done this myself before when booking online but after seeing this I will make a habit of googling the web-site name before I pay for anything online.

Has anyone tried to contact the Customer Services phone numbers on their site?

Just to bring everyone up to date regarding getting my money back from this web site. Bookinhotels are scamming people all over the world. I contacted VISA to make them aware of the situation and the fact that BOOKINHOTELS would not open my emails,answer my phone calls or give my money back to me. I also pointed our to VISA all the web sites around the world that are complaining about this company. I then insisted to VISA that its there responability to ensure any company that use there are fully checked out and are a fully reputable. As a result of all my complaining VISA agreed to give me a full refund.

Back