www.bendunne.com What's the story ?

battyee

For weeks Big Ben has been on radio promoting his new web site www.bendunne.com . The much anticipated launch day was yesterday, 19th. All I see is a light blue landing page. Ben has not DONE it yet or maybe it is me who has done something wrong. Anybody know the story ?

Just looking at the source, that's it.

Just the blue background , and a google analytics tracker.

I have managed to take some screen shots of subliminal messages that shoot up.

They are too fast for your eye to notice. Couldn't really work out what they said.

Anyway. Going to get a €2.50 coffee now and might join a gym straight after...

Last edited:

They are two fast for your eye to notice. Couldn't really work out what they said.

All I could catch was something along the following lines... "...it's the real thing"

Does anyone see any other ones?

All I could catch was something along the following lines... "...it's the real thing"

Does anyone see any other ones?

Can't see anything except the blue background. What's the interval between these messages?

3 Seconds Indiansign ;)

From Herald.ie

Businessman Ben Dunne has suffered a setback to his latest recession-busting plan.

The man who coined the phrase 'If Dunne can't do it, it can't be done' has been beaten by technology.

He had hoped to make a mint by creating a new 'Buy and Sell' -type internet site aimed at Irish users, but BenDunne.com was taken offline yesterday.

The popular entrepreneur told the Herald: "It was a disaster. It had to be taken down because there were a lot of snags. Far more than I thought we would have."

The problems developed during the sites 'soft opening' and Mr Dunne explained that he was left with no option but to put the project on the backburner.

The site was supposed to be a simple online Buy and Sell facility which would allow users to upload colour photos of the product they want to sell and have it available for inspection by potential buyers for 14 days.

"It's as simple as booking an airline ticket," it boosted.

Users would pay just €1.50 to place an advertisement with a colour photograph online for two weeks.

The sales facility was tailored to suit the current economic situation and geared to individuals looking for jobs as well as those looking for holidays or a house or apartment to rent.

It was also hoped travel agents and hoteliers among others will become involved in the promoting their products or services.

Other elements to the website were due to be released on a phased basis over the coming months, but instead technicians will be re-examining the setup.

Stalling

But speaking to the Herald from London, Mr Dunne explained: "It just didn't perform at all. Even with a small bit of flow it was stalling. If you have it wrong, you've got to stop it."

He added: "It would be like Aer Lingus saying they could beat Ryanair on prices but then having no seats. There was no point."

He has also had to pull radio advertisements promoting its full launch which was scheduled for later this month.

"We've made a decision to stop it until after Christmas," he said, adding: "It'll certainly be after Christmas because of all we've got going on."

However, not one to be stalled by the setback, the former supermarket boss is powering ahead with other business projects.

Mr Dunne was in London yesterday on a fact-finding mission aimed at improving his fitness facilities

They are too fast for your eye to notice. Couldn't really work out what they said.

Brilliant post.

Thanks a lot Locke. Looks like we will have to wait a while longer until It's a Dunne Deal.

The fact that's he pulled it straight off probably shows why he's successful. He could have been stubborn and pursued it. Thankfully the ads have been pulled. Every five minutes on the bus home on Newstalk.

I think his mistake was to promote it so loudly and so annoyingly over the last few weeks.

The only subliminal message I see now is a lightly blinking "Sorry..."

Brendan

I'm sure l saw a figure of Our Lady in there somewhere, now what's that code for Knock... :rolleyes:

I'm still waiting for the low-price sandwich business he was promising a few years back ...

logged on to it last week out of curiosity and it was working fine, although I think there were only 2 people on there selling anything.

He's back up!

Heard the add on the radio this morning.

Went a little like this:

"Bendunne.com is a new webiste called bendunne.com - bendunne.com is not donedeal.ie it is bendunne.com - bendunne.com bendunne.com bendunne.com bendunne.com bendunne.com"

For those that have heard it, you get the gist.

It's back up and running anywhoo.

Back