wrongly entered into draw

baycity farmer

A friend of mine got a letter from his CU to say they had accidently removed money from his account and entered him in draw. when it was realised they put back the money and removed him from the draw. But by entering him they gave him a chance to win and then removed the chance . Is this legal and do they not have a responsibility to give him the chance as they started the ball rolling

You think your friend should get into the draw but not buy a ticket, ah come on now, It's not April 1st

You think your friend should get into the draw but not buy a ticket, ah come on now, It's not April 1st
well they did put him in without asking. by being put in he had a chance to win which they withdrew without asking. i am wondering the legal position

i cannot post my reply to bb so have to edit if you just want to be smart i am not interested

Last edited:
A friend of mine got a letter from his CU to say they had accidently removed money from his account

Of course they should not have done this, and he is entitled to compensation for any loss he suffered as a result.

They returned the money to him, and presumably paid him the interest (dividend) he would have been entitled to, so he is not at any loss that I can see.

What they did with the money they incorrectly removed from his account is irrelevant,.

I'm aware of a draw some years ago where the employees of a bank branch bought a ticket for some charity draw, that ticket won a car, they all got excited until it leaked that the bank had paid for the ticket through a local sponsorship donation and not the staff, the bank sold the car, staff got zero.

A friend of mine got a letter from his CU to say they had accidently removed money from his account and entered him in draw. when it was realised they put back the money and removed him from the draw. But by entering him they gave him a chance to win and then removed the chance . Is this legal and do they not have a responsibility to give him the chance as they started the ball rolling

And the winner of the 2019 'Biggest Chancer' Award goes to...……….The good news is that in this country you will find some solicitor to take your case.....

Ah lads stop......Give the poor Fella a break will you....?

Especially as I'm guessing this unlucky and out of pocket "friend" is the sort of poor fellow who is always slipping and falling on the floors in Tesco.

Back