Wrong reg on speeding fine

gelled

HI ALL,
SO MY 'FRIEND' WAS CAUGHT SPEEDING FEW WEEKS BACK AND WHEN FINE CAME IN THE PST THE WRONG REG IS ON IT.. 06 D 2**7 INSTEAD OF 06 D 5***7... can this be contested in court as charge as presented he is not guilty.. not driving that car at that place at that time at that speed... anybody know what is the likely outcome in court??? and by the way, i asked him has he no problem getting off on a technicality and he said.. absolutely no problem

yes cashier most likely a typist error.. same as the motorist who made a small speedometer error.. speed error=fine and points.. typist error=strike out.. or are my maths wrong

I was stopped some time ago and the ticket had the wrong offence and the wrong location. I went to court and talked to the Guard before it was called.

Told him I was happy to take the hit for what I did do but would stand up in court and contest the charge - struck out!

You could go to court but you take your chances.

Actually it happened to me a few years ago - stopped for speeding (48 in an unsignposted 40 zone). I rang when I got the summons and they said to send in the ticket with a letter explaining that it was the wrong registration number and querying its validity. They subsequently cancelled the summons.

daisy who did you ring?? the number on the fine of office in thurles or local garda station?

Hi gelled - I think I rang the number on the fine. It was several years ago, but I'm pretty sure I would have rung the number on the ticket.

sent ticket in with letter explaining it was wrong reg.. this ticket was cancelled and a new ticket with right reg issued.. paid the fine.. got the points..

Gelled, your letter should have stated you do not own a car with that reg, end of story. No Car no fine

I'm guessing you explained the wrong reg was on the fine,

hey regvw..letter stated that i don't own a car nor have i ever with this registration..please confirm validity of fine.. got a letter back saying garda made an error and new fine to be posted..this was because i was stopped and identified at the scene..maybe different if caught on camera.. some you win some you don't.. no big deal

Back