wrong item given to me in cloak room

thedaras

Hi ,I gave my coat in to a cloak room and got a ticket and paid for it.
I returned to collect it with my ticket and was handed a mans jacket,i told the girl this wasnt mine and quite obviously I wasnt a man either..
but she told me that was the the jacket that matched the ticket,I spoke to the manager and it was to no avail..so now im the proud owner of a mans jacket which I dont want ,what i do want is my coat back.
Do I have any comeback?
thanks

The establishment concerned should have Insurance for this type of loss. Failing that your Household Policy should have this matter covered.

Ring www.consumerconnect.ie for their advice.

You paid for a service which they did not provide so they will have to correct the problem. Dreadful customer service on their part in not even offering to take a note of your name and address in case the other person returned your coat.

Under no circumstances should you have to make a claim on any insurance policy that you might have and possibly suffer increased premiums in the future.

A letter to owner/manager of said establishment sounds like a step in the right direction.

If this type of thing happens in the future refuse to leave until they sort the situation out. Handing out a man's coat to a female was just chancing their arm IMHO.

I agree with Sue Ellen, a friend had a similar problem and the nightclub eventually reimbursed her the cost of her coat and its contents.

It was a mix up by the staff, so they have to sort it out

Back