Wrong change buying a ticket

T

ThreeColours

Hi
Yesterday I bought a train ticket. Instead of getting 4.50 change, I got 3.50. I returned to the window, told the person and got the correct change.

Later, I told my sister about this. She told me the same thing had happened to her twice in the last few months. From the description of the person she gave me, it is obvious that it is the same person.

What should I do ? Should I report this and possibly get someone fired ?

Your comments / suggestions would be most welcome.

Yes, you should report it to a supervisor. If it happens me in a bar and I am suspicious, I always tell the manager. You simply report the facts and don't make any accusation. It is then up to the manager to keep an eye on the ticket seller.

Brendan

If it happens me in a bar and I am suspicious, I always tell the manager.

I'd definitely be suspicious if the barman handed me a train ticket instead of a pint!

"I'd definitely be suspicious if the barman handed me a train ticket instead of a pint!"

:lol (Best laugh I've had to-day!)

Good one clubman!
My little bro told me that the English get ripped off in Ibiza due to their non-participation in the Euro currency. Bar staff hand back €1 a lot of the time when they should be handing back €2's. Apparently they hand back the change on a little plate in some places. All the money is on the plate but the barstaffs profit is concealed under the receipt which customers usually ignore!

Back