Writing a Book

Robert Moore

Folks don't know if this is the correct forum but just wanted to run something up the flagpole here. Say ye had an idea for a book (either fiction or non fiction) would ye try and rope in a celebrity to “co-write” it? Or fully ghost it and let the celebrity take the applause? Nowadays I feel we live in the era of the “sleb” and I would be really surprised if a total unknown were to make a dent in the Christmas book charts or any other, no matter how talented they might be.

Robert. I don't fully understand your post. Is it that you have an idea of a book that will sell and you are trying to get some celebrity to put his/her name to whatever you think is a good book?
or
Do you want to farm out your idea to an experienced ghost writer?
or
Do you wish to write about a celebrity?

If you have written a book, why give somebody else the accolade for your efforts?

Hi Leper, not the latter two options. The idea would be to draw a celebrity into an apparently "joint" effort in a field they might be known in. Say for example a book written by Robert Moore on magic tricks might be a waste of time but that exact same book written by Robert Moore but containing Keith Barry's or Derren Brown's name on the cover would sell better. In terms of sales, unfortunately, it seems to be the age of the celeb

The dirtier and nastier the book, with God awful content that everybody will say they hate and are ashamed of, will sell the best. There needs to be plenty of lies and innuendo in there, as well as the ould bit of adultery and sex. Now, fire away and you're on a winner. All you need is the name of the celebrity you want it written about, not the celebrity writing it himself but if you could get his best friend to write it???????

You know what? Noproblem is not wrong. I'm not saying he's right, but I am saying he is not wrong. Celebrities will even to resort to lies about themselves to keep their names in the limelight. The case of a former England footballer, his wife and his nanny was a case in point where an illicit secret sex life was invented merely to keep two names in the news and launch a third. A win/win/win situation and why should the truth get in the way?

To come clean, I have written two books in my lifetime - both useless at best but the only thing that stopped me was that my immediate family would prefer if the entire contents were kept secret and not to attempt publication. Family is more important to me so both books were consigned to the fire. I have regrets, but I don't want any success on anybody else's back.

If Robert Moore has the plot of a best-seller, then go ahead, let his work stand alone.

Back