Writing a book, anyone done it?

S

S.L.F

I'm in the process of writing a fantasy fiction book at present and am loving it.

I closed down my facebook profile for the duration and am keeping my life as clear as I can (bar posting ) and working my three very different jobs.

I won a prize for poetry some 34 years ago other than that I've no involvement with writing.

I'm told by people who've seen my scribblings that it is enjoyable and very twisty.

Has anyone else ever written a book or gotten anything published before?

Congratulations, well done.

I would love to read about how you are getting on. What do you do after you open the page?

Looking forward to reading the finished work someday.

Congratulations, well done.

Thank you.

I would love to read about how you are getting on. What do you do after you open the page?

The hook....always be looking for the hook.

The hook is the thing that will get your reader interested in reading through the rest of the chapter.

Get someone to read the first page is the start, then move forward and keep their interest

Speaking for myself I started at the end and now have written a middle bit.

In between I am writing a bit where the Queen is going to have a baby ....where no one would ever expect her to have a baby.

Then there is the hero's friend who is really irresponsible and needs a wife to calm him down so his father sends him off with the hero to find a wife.

Looking forward to reading the finished work someday.

Me too.

I showed what I've written to a publisher and he wants to read more, he suggested I need an editor for it (apparently even Seamus Healy needs one for his writings too!)

keep us posted on how you are getting on ,never written a book,as cremeegg knows i cant post correctly on askaboutmoney but he did his best,:)with the baby bit we will know it is our own S.L.F.

keep us posted on how you are getting on ,never written a book,as cremeegg knows i cant post correctly on askaboutmoney but he did his best,

I'm enjoying the chances to get my writing done.

Back