Would you use multiple 'brokers'

gnf_ireland

I am not 100% sure if this is the right forum for this question, but here goes:

I am self employed but working through a management/umbrella company as a director. This umbrella company has a 'wealth management' company aligned to it (same owners). I obviously view them as brokers.

I have been discussing changes to my pension with them recently. I had another broker do a comparison deal for me as well. Due to the 'competition' between the two, the final proposal was actually reasonable enough and they are the same from both parties. I have tentatively agreed to keep the pension with the current broker.

I am also looking at other insurances such as death in service, critical illness and income protection insurances. I have stated to them that I am going to look elsewhere for alternative quotes, as comparisons also. They suggest I should keep all business with the one firm, otherwise it will be exceptionally difficult to do reviews etc. I am happy to have my business split between a few, encouraging competition & honesty.

Any thoughts here? Any reason I should use one company only?

I should also note I am planning to use a fee based financial planning in the next 3-4 months once a few other things quieten for at home, and hoping this will give the complete financial picture !

Back