Would you leave two teenagers at a concert in O2

ney001

Hi quick question, I have to bring the little sister and her friend (13) to see Chris Brown tomorrow. I had to purchase a ticket as under 16's have to be accompanied but I'm wondering if I actually have to sit through the concert. Ideally I would like to wonder off around the venue and get a coffee and read a book whilst waiting for them- don't particularly want to sit through this concert :rolleyes:

Would this be okay do you think or would you stay with them for the whole concert?

Secondly if anybody has been in the new o2 arena, I assume there is a selection of cafes and such that will be open throughout the concert is this correct?

I'm not sure that I'd leave two 13 year olds like that but I guess it depends on their general level of maturity, cop on etc. and what the friend's parents/guardians think of you doing this. On the other hand if it was a case of leaving them in but waiting around outside with no chance of them going missing through another exit etc. then perhaps that would be OK?

I'm not sure that I'd leave two 13 year olds like that but I guess it depends on their general level of maturity, cop on etc. and what the friend's parents/guardians think of you doing this. On the other hand if it was a case of leaving them in but waiting around outside with no chance of them going missing through another exit etc. then perhaps that would be OK?

You see I'm not sure of new layout in O2. I had hoped that I could be just outside the actual concert hall in a cafe etc, hopefully with view of main exits from hall if that makes sense - I know in the old point the bar etc was directly outside, not sure if this is the case now!. Might have to bite the bullet and watch it! :(

Maybe the website has some info about the layout and facilities?

[broken link removed]

Presuming the layout is somewhat similiar for each gig once you enter with your ticket you are in the venue and can see the stage - it does not have the large foyer anymore. The concession are all along the back wall and not a seat to be seen.

I had a standing ticket so perhaps slightly different upstairs but that then depends on where you can go with your ticket?

While I don't have children I would be reluctant to leave 13 year olds in a large place like the O2 venue, particularly if I was respondsible for someone else children,

Me neither, unless you've cleared this with the other kid's parents. Especially if you have standing tickets. But if they're confined to their seats they probably couldn't get into too much trouble.

(Then again, never heard of Chris Brown and don't know if it's a rowdy crowd.)

I wouldn't leave them, they might be mature enough but sadly you can't necessarily say that about everyone who will be at the concert. It will only be a couple of hours out of your life! Go with them and have fun, and in years to come you will look back at it and reminisce together - I have "suffered" many movies etc with kids but part of the fun is watching the kids reactions.

Best stay with them,

if there was an emergency eg fire etc, they would panic, carry ear plugs

I was there for Coldplay - loads of stewards, immaculately laid out - the only downside is no parking and prob v little for you to do yourself! The kids will be fine ...

I suppose it's a question of when can you let kids do things for themselves. In this day of mobile phones and if you were just outside I can't see a problem. Make sure they are recharged, have a back up plan (meeting point) etc.

Thanks for the replies guys, I am seated away from the two kids, as you could only buy two tickets on one credit card and by the time i paid for the third ticket with second card I was seated about 5 rows back from them. I reckon I'll sit through it for a while, take a look at the crowd around them and maybe then just wander to the back of the venue and grab a coffee or something. As it's Chris Brown, I'd say it will mainly be teenage girls there but then again maybe not!!!. Curse of sod on it, could I not have a sister who likes Dylan! :rolleyes:

Was at the concert last night, extremely impressed with the new 02 venue, excellent view of stage from any seat. Good crowd at it - almost all teenage girls. Swapped our seats for aisle seats beside the stairs so I was able to go to the back of the venue, have a coffee and still only be a few feet from the girls in the concert so they had a bit of freedom!.

Am looking forward to seeing a good act at that venue soon!

You sound so like my dad did 15 years ago!!! He used to hate it when it was his turn to be the designated accompanier!!

I hate to say it but I would stay with them too. even though I can't imagine that a Chris Brown concert would be very rowdy..infact Id imagine that it will be a large room of teenage girls screaming and yelping at the stage!(which some might consider would be twice as bad as a metallica concert!!!!!!!!!!) BUt honestly it is only few hours of your life Im sure you can face it for the sake of your sister. (who probably would love her bigger sister to be with her!) Really it's not a big deal and if you swallow your pride you might even like MR.bROWN! LMAO

I would stay with them too, you always have to think of worst case scenario happening and how your actions could contribute especially with other people's kids. I would say it is safe enough but I remember seeing a couple of girls from NI at a concert in the point and they were no more than 14 and horrendously drunk and out of it and starting fights with other teenagers so better safe than sorry I think.

Back