Would you bring a 2 month old on a sun holiday?

BTW we always stay in a chalet on the campsite so there is a microwave etc for bottles. Would not have risked a tent. Will be doing the tent this year in the back garden first, when himself turns three. Looking forward to that more than the real holidays.

Hi,

Wife is expecting our second child in May and my two week holidays are in August. Just wondering about the pros and cons of bringing a two month old on holiday.

Absolutely.
And mainly because your missus will be so tied up with the new one that you'll be free to slope off on your own !

Everyone is different and has different ideas of what is leisure and pleasure.

In my long experience dealing with family holidays I always found that the happiest mums were those that brought their mother/sister along.
The cost for an extra adult in a large apartment is often not that much,especially in low season, and gave the parents essential breathing space knowing that mum/sister would take turns looking after the kid/s.

If you do that, make sure they know what you plan to let them in for. Was on holiday with relatives with young baby once. While there it dawned that they were expecting people to look after THEIR children. Had to let them know that we were there ON HOLIDAYS, not to look after their kids. Never again.

Back