Would I lose FIS?

Shaz08

I am in receipt of FIS at the moment. I am considering getting back with my ex and moving back into our house which we bought together however one of my concerns is the financial situation that may arise. He is self employed and hasn't worked in over a year now. He applied for Job seeker allowance last January and received word in August of last year that he was not entitled to anything as his assessed means for the previous year had come in at €50 over the limit at the time which was €205 (I think). He is still unemployed and never appealed the decision on the job seekers allowance last year. I am confused over how it would work out if we were to get back together. As he is currently unemployed but has not worked and was refused the Job seeker allowance would I still be entitled to FIS as a couple? I cannot afford to lose FIS and seen as he was refused Job seeker allowance last year I presume this would not have changed?

Sorry for long post but just looking for any help anyone might have.
Thanks

You are obviously a working single parent . ( FIS is a SW payment for family type employees only )

If you decide to move back to your ex , then of course your circumstances change and you need to re-apply for FIS .

However , as your ex has no income , your entitlement to FIS , may continue as normal .

If you are working and you are co-habiting, you should be claiming your single parent tax credit - however , you will lose this tax credit when you move back with your ex .

Back