Worth having a landline for me?

thespecialon

Hi,

Basically dont have a landline in our house,me and other half just have our mobiles..Id say in total we spend approx 50Eur a month on credit for these..We also have wireless 2MB broadband costing 35Eur a month....

I am sure we could get cheaper broandband if we had a landline installed however then we would have connection and line rental fees..can anyone tel me how much the connection and line rental would be?
Anyone think we could save money by having a landline installed or any other benefit we might be missing out on by not having one?

Thanks,

T

there's normally a deal offering free connection with eircom, and then it's €25 (and some odd cent) a month. You can then switch your calls to anyone you want or take up a broadband package.

If you live in an area where you can get telephony with ntl, it's even cheaper. I have broadband, telephone, dvr, and two points for 80 euro a month.

My mobile is a work one, so I don't like using for personal calls. Anyway it is difficult to have a long mobile conversation!

I wouldn't give the fe*ks money for line rental...

€20 to Vodafone get you free vodafone calls and text.

Also www.vodafone.ie you can send 300 text per month.

I have a 2Mb BB connection and download all my latest movies so no trips to Xtravision.

Get a Skype account if you are calling long distances..

Hi,

Basically dont have a landline in our house,me and other half just have our mobiles..Id say in total we spend approx 50Eur a month on credit for these..We also have wireless 2MB broadband costing 35Eur a month....

I am sure we could get cheaper broandband if we had a landline installed however then we would have connection and line rental fees..can anyone tel me how much the connection and line rental would be?
Anyone think we could save money by having a landline installed or any other benefit we might be missing out on by not having one?

Thanks,

T

I have my tv broadband and home phone with NTL...almost had this a yaer now and no probs, 3mb BB, basic digital tv package monthly cost is €55 plus cost of any calls...breakdown is €5 for phone and something like €22 for BB and rest is tv..

I mostly use my mobile as have good deal with meteor re free calls etc... but lots of people call me on mylandline so I was reluctant to get rid of it seeing that I was able to keep my old number

yeah ntl is the way to go but not available in most of the country

blutack - how do u have a 2 mb connection without a land line

i have a land line soley for broadband as i need the internet. perlico are the cheapest

Back