Worst christmas present ever!

E

Elphaba

What was the worst xmas pressie you ever got?

Mine was a penneys track suit.

A jigsaw.

I know this doesn't sound bad, but I was an adult, not a child.

Box was never opened !!!!

A leather belt that was 4 sizes too small. Maybe there was a hint there.........:eek:

A few years back I got a pair of real grandad type slippers from the folks. Desperate yokes altogether. I made my thank yous and kept them in the wrapper they came in and gave them to my dad for Christmas the next year - he was delighted with them!

cheap cinnamon bubble bath set - put it into a drawer and forgot about it. A few months later had no bubble bath left and tried some of this. - Broke out in the worst rash/lumps, all over and I mean all over :eek: - lasted for days. To this day smell of cinnamon gives me the shivers!.

Also wine - every Christmas I get bottles and bottles of wine when everybody I work with and everybody I know knows that I don't drink wine - ever! - I even tell people don't bother with XMAS present for me (colleagues/neighbours etc) and they still send me in bottles of wine. Of course they do come in handy as presents for everybody else - particularly those who don't drink wine!:p

my sister whom i don't get on with gave me a carving knife. given that i was 20, in college and not a touch of the domestic goddess that i am now, my mother got suspicious and hid it till the festive season was over lest we'd put it to use one night under the influence of alcohol.

What was the worst xmas pressie you ever got?

Mine was a penneys track suit.
Not mine but a lump of precious metal and two lumps of aromatic resins from three strange men who wander into a shed in the dead of night to ogle the new born recipient? Inappropriate or what? :(

Not mine but a lump of precious metal and two lumps of aromatic resins from three strange men who wander into a shed in the dead of night to ogle the new born recipient? Inappropriate or what? :(
Good thing the newborn wouldn't have realised!

An empty envelope from my grandad..there was supposed to be money in it.
a friend gave me pink furry cover for my steering wheel another year.

2-3 year ago, was watching tv in the mothers a few weeks before the festive holiday period, about midday on a sunday,channel4 was on showing a Will Young concert, I commented that the backing band had some excellent musicians.
Sure enough, Will Young CD wrapped up under the tree for xmas.

Words were had.

Strong ones.

Three Arsenal woolly hats for my golf woods from a mad Aunt. Promptly re-gifted. Another year she gave me a left handed putter. What's worse is that my dad picked it out for her.

Back