Worried About Vodafone Data Charges

joeryan

Hi,
Lately the Vodafone website and app don't acurately tell you how much data you have left.

I have used all my 1GB allowance but I had plenty left according to their website.

Today its saying I have used all my data on Saturday at 0:53AM.

I watched the olympics on my phone on Saturday evening, so once I go over 50MB it's into 1Euro per MB.

I could be hit with a bill for hunderds of Euro.

I rang them today but they can't tell me usage past Saturday 0:53AM.

Is there a maximum limit on mobile data charges per day in Ireland?

Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

When will you get the bill with the figures and usage?

It might be worth switching to a an unlimited data plan to avoid data bill shock like this.

That sounds about right, in the UK they will be texting to remind you by the time you have reached 75% of your allowance and they charge £5 for every 250MB if you go outside your allowance.

I think the OP might be referring to data roaming charges, they can be very high cost to that.

No they are not roaming charges - they are normal Vodafone charges.

Once you go over your monthly limit - you get 50MB for 1 Euro per day and anything after that it's 1 Euro per MB.

Vodafone's website and app were not updating correctly and now I have gone well over.

I'm seriously thinking of switching to unlimited data plan but I need to see the damage.

They said maybe tomorrow of Sunday before I see my data usage on Saturday evening.

If I was roaming I would have gotten a SMS warning me.

The app and website were reporting wrong old usage.

Madness!!

Back