World Web Page Directory - A Word of Warning

MandaC

I got a bill into the office this morning for our company registration data in the world telecom data business Directory. This is something we neither wanted or requested. I dont know where they got our information but we are listed as general builders (we are tax consultants)

[broken link removed]

They have included our details and a bill for €494.20. The invoice is sent from Spain and would appear to be one of those "doing the rounds". Please be aware if you get these bills in.

Last edited:
THE LINK ISN'T DIRECT TO THE wpd?
from the info given this looks dodgy to me.

Haven't seen this scam in a while. It's good to see the old ones never go out of fashion.

I have got another one of these today too. (I got mine first in 2007) I have posted it on the thread about scams.

I got one of these too today they must have targarted every registered business - needlessly threw it in bin - surely nobody would get taken in with this!!!

And such a professional looking website they have too - no wonder people are fooled! :rolleyes:

And such a professional looking website they have too - no wonder people are fooled! :rolleyes:

You would actually be very surprised at how people could be fooled.

I know of somebody who actually stumped up over €20K to one of the nigerian scams(the money in the suitcase)

Despite this person being a professional running his own business, he was still scammed. E-mails coming from places like [email protected], himself and his secretary still arranged transfer after transfer to these people. And a lot more besides. I could not believe it.

got one as well, threw it in the bin. Must have hit every business

Last edited:
You would actually be very surprised at how people could be fooled.

I know of somebody who actually stumped up over €20K to one of the nigerian scams(the money in the suitcase)

Despite this person being a professional running his own business, he was still scammed. E-mails coming from places like [email protected], himself and his secretary still arranged transfer after transfer to these people. And a lot more besides. I could not believe it.
Actually I would not be at all surprised that there are a lot of greedy idiots out there.

Yes, pure greed and afraid if they told anybody they would have to give them a share.

All it takes is a young marketing recruit and these sort of things can get passed to accounts to pay very easily

World Web Page

I got a letter like this in the mail today, thank you guys for posting in here my HR/Payroll almost paid this without questioning it.

I realized when I went to their website and it was suspended that something was fishy here.

Anyways thank you everybody for the heads up!

Londonderry Dodge

Back