Workplacement&Welfare Payments

Rainbow08

I have been studying partime for past 2 yrs towards getting a science degree,part of the course which is compulsory is that i must do 2 six week work placements . I have secured the work placement which was the hard part given I didn't have a science backround to begin with.the problem is,I was made redundant form my fulltime job back in June.knew it was coming sometime and was preparing myself for it by doing this course. I am signing on in the west and secured the work placement on the east coast.Made enquiries to Fas about their work placement programme ,they are a Joke,I knew more about it than fas themselves,went to my local welfare office,before I got a chance to explain what I was doing they said no,what is one supposed to do,here you are making every effort to get back into the workforce and they put obstacles up in front of you to make it impossible.
There is no way I am going to start a work placement and having to ask an employer can I have a day off every week to travel cross country so i can collect my welfare payment and once a month to sign on. Does anyone have an opinion. Than You.

Back