Workplace Relations Commission Complaint

suicra05

I have a query about a Workplace Relations Commission complaint. I am working with a public service agency where a pay parity claim was initiated in 2015 when two agencies merged. After all these years the claim has not been resolved and may now be going to the Labour court. I have been employed in my role for the past 20 years. The claim is around where if somebody joins the organisation at my job role since 2015 they are on a higher grade salary (This is due to a mismatch of grades in the agency). My job role is paid about 2,000 euro per annum more since 2015. The union has taken a case through the WRC since 2015. They say the claim will be successful but there is no sign of it been resolved. I am due to retire in a few months and when the case is resolved it will not apply to retired members. My question is can I take a case on my own in relation to this pay parity. If I do would it apply to me if I retire before it is resolved. Is there a better approach I could take to help resolve this situation. Any advice would be appreciated.

If I were you, I think the first port of call would be your Union.

Write, don't ring, that gives you a timeline & documentation if you need it.

I would have thought that any settlement would be retroactive; so put this in your letter as well.

As a general observation, I would think that the issue may not apply to those who retired before 2015 ( or whenever the discrepancy arose); I don't believe you would be excluded because you retired after the action started.

In any event bringing your own action, even if accepted by the WRC isn't likely to move any faster at this time.

If I were you, I think the first port of call would be your Union.

Write, don't ring, that gives you a timeline & documentation if you need it.

I would have thought that any settlement would be retroactive; so put this in your letter as well.

As a general observation, I would think that the issue may not apply to those who retired before 2015 ( or whenever the discrepancy arose); I don't believe you would be excluded because you retired after the action started.

In any event bringing your own action, even if accepted by the WRC isn't likely to move any faster at this time.
Hi, you mention the Union, my union is Siptu. Who would be the best person to write to in there?

Back