working with PDF file.....

annamac1

Please excuse my stupidity this once - I have downloaded a pension form, saved it to my desktop but now I need to fill the details on screen, save and print it.

It is in PDF format but when I try to use Open Office to fill out and edit this form all I get are square symbols and numbers in place of the text.

What can I do now?? I don' use my computer very often for this kind of task.
Thanks Annamac

Re: Working with PDF file

Sorry, heading should read working with PDF file.....

Annamac

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Wording with PDF file

Most downloads in .pdf format are read-only; what you have is probably meant to be printed off and filled in by hand.

If you have the professional version of acrobat then you can enter text in fields otherwise I am afraid you will have to print and snailmail

You don't have to print it to fill it in -- try FoxIt Reader (free for personal use).
Annotation tool: Have you ever wished to annotate (or comment on) a PDF document when you are reading it? Foxit Reader 2.0 allows you to draw graphics, highlight text, type text and make notes on a PDF document and then print out or save the annotated document.

How legal is that? (not a criticism)

PDF is an open format and FoxIt is not the only third-party reader, though it is the best one I've used. AFAIK it's perfectly legal, but then again IANAL.

Looking at the docs -- the free version of FoxIt may insert an "evaluation" watermark if you save the document, but you should be fine if you just want to print a modified document. If the document uses special PDF forms, then even the free Adobe Acrobat Reader will let you fill the form in on-screen before printing.

Back