Working part time, signing on for other days

just so im clear here, if i was to go to a three day week, id be entitled to 3 days at approx 33 euro per day, so 99 euro, plus the dependant child which is somewhere around 20 euro, so 119, the wife is working so i presume i'd get nothing for her, this leaves me down roughly 80 euro for the 2 days but keeps me in a job until things get better, also cuts out 2 days of creche fees, definitely worth looking into, am i right in my calculations .. roughly even

just so im clear here, if i was to go to a three day week, id be entitled to 3 days at approx 33 euro per day, so 99 euro, plus the dependant child which is somewhere around 20 euro, so 119, the wife is working so i presume i'd get nothing for her, this leaves me down roughly 80 euro for the 2 days but keeps me in a job until things get better, also cuts out 2 days of creche fees, definitely worth looking into, am i right in my calculations .. roughly even

A spouse of the claimant is only regarded as being wholly or mainly maintained by the claimant where the weekly income of that person does not exceed €100.00 per week. You can get an increase of €24.00 for each qualified child if you qualify for an increase for a qualified adult or if you are parenting alone. If you do not qualify for an increase for a qualified adult, you may get a half-rate qualified child increase, if your spouse or partner has income of €400 or less a week.
see http://www.welfare.ie/publications/sw19/sw19_sect6.html#6.1
also see here.

Last edited:
thanks for that, at least your confirming what i thought already, the department e-mailed me back fairly quickly saying something similar, things are being rationalised in the office and this just might keep me in a job until things improve ( hopefully )

Hi everybody, i am new in this web so im not vry sure how it works and if sb can help me..
I am language teacher in some primary schools and after 2 years working in dublin i can finally be paid the periods of time that schools are closed (Mid-term, Christmas, summer...) that till now were kind of "obligatory holidays" cos i had to keep paying rent, food etc with no salary...
I only work 13h per week distributed from tues-friday, so i wonder if i can claim for the days that i dont work, or i should work 3 days maximun...do they have into account the hours per week or just the days??

My other question is i've been told that we are allowed to go on holidays 12 days, but is it per period of time there's no job or per year??
Thanks for your time

Back