Working in the Republic but living in Northern Ireland

Dualtha

Hi,

I am considering moving to Belfast with my family later this year. My wife is originally from there. We are married with two children and own a house in the South.

I am considering commuting to and from Belfast 3 days a week and working from home for two days a week.

I am wondering what the tax implications would be in this type of situation? Also would things like Child Benefit be affected?

I was told that as I would be working and living here even though partially I would be entitled to child benefit payments and normal taxation, but I'm unsure.

It would be 50\ 50 residency so would I need to pay UK residency tax?
Thanks for any information.

Hi,

I am considering moving to Belfast with my family later this year. My wife is originally from there. We are married with two children and own a house in the South.

I am considering commuting to and from Belfast 3 days a week and working from home for two days a week.

I am wondering what the tax implications would be in this type of situation? Also would things like Child Benefit be affected?

I was told that as I would be working and living here even though partially I would be entitled to child benefit payments and normal taxation, but I'm unsure.

It would be 50\ 50 residency so would I need to pay UK residency tax?
Thanks for any information.
Hi Dualtha
This link may help you with the taxation element of your question. To my knowledge you cannot claim Child Benefit from two European countries at the same time.
[broken link removed]

Thanks. I wouldn't be claiming child benefit in both countries just from the republic where I'll be paying tax AFAIK.

Back