Working in Dublin now living in Co Down. Tax reliefs for 'frontier workers'?

B

brecurran

Hi folks,

Just looking for a helping hand or bit of advice really.

Up until last July i was working and living in Dublin.

However from that point i have bought a house in Co. Down and now travel to and from work in Dublin every day, thus making me a frontier worker.

I was wondering if anyone could help me out and guide me as to how my tax credits etc may or may not change.

I know I am no longer entitled to Rent relief, but was wondering if I would be entitled to any sort of mortgage relief / mortgage interest relief ?

Are there any other credits or benefits that I am now or no longer entitled to claim for??

You can still claim credits when resident in N Ireland . It will depend on your new situation. Mortgage relief is available as are some of the benefits you may have got before. These are still claimed from the Irish revenue. however you may ba liable to more tax on your income from HMRC. if you are now resident in the north. This depends on who you work for. There is a grey area here and the Revenue dont tend to be forthcoming with information on your entitlements. We have had to argue for clients to get there credits and argue with HMRC to refund monies owed back for miscalculating tax owed. Would need more detail to fully update you.

Back