Work on apartment block communal areas

dublinaam

I run the management company for a very small development ( 12 apartments).
I would like to spruce up the communal areas where are quite barren and dull. If possible I would like to improve the lighting, Put in plants perhaps and just general cosmetics to make it nice for the occupants (nothing structural)I don't know where to start though.
What companies would come in to give me some ideas of what can be done to the area ?

If you look at the lighting you should investigate energy efficient sensor lights as potentially this would reduce the energy costs if the current installation is inefficient lights that stay on all night. Painting and renewing floor covering would be the other two areas that should be reviewed.

You could contact companies that deal with each of those items or if there is a big budget you could retain a commercial fit out company to design and manage the upgrade.

We had "gardeners" who did the bare minimum, cut the grass, trimmed all the hedges to the same height (inappropriately cos it cut off all the new growth) and put down weedkiller. For not a whole lot extra we have a properly qualified gardener with a ton of letters after his name and decades of experience. The difference in the place is vast, major improvement.

Back