Work Experience

L

luke

A friend of a friend of mine from Sweden is looking for some work experience.

If any of you guys know anyone that could help out, it would be appreciated.

Below is a letter she sent me:

I am presently on leave from my position as Kindergarten Teacher at Tranan Preschool, Malmö studying a Web Design course at Malmö Högskola and I am seeking a work placement opportunity with your company.

While I love my job working with children I wanted to advance in other areas and as I have an interest in computers I felt this course would be beneficial to me.

My course, which is directed at women only, is based over two years and during this time we have to undertake some practical training. I have nearly completed my first year of the course which is very much “learning by doing” which I find extremely interesting. As the computer industry is changing so fast, so is our education.

My interest for seeking employment in Ireland is that I would like to learn about Web Design from an Irish company’s prospective. I was employed as a waitress in Hotel Kilkenny in 1997 and I thoroughly enjoyed my work experience with them.

Our work placement period is from 4th April – 25th May 2005 inclusive. During this work placement I would like to gain more knowledge in the area of Photo Shop, Dream Weaver and Flash as these areas of Web Design interest me a lot.

I would very much welcome the opportunity to elaborate further on my qualifications, skills and experience via email or telephone. I would be available to do this at your convenience. Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

I am presently on leave from my position as Kindergarten Teacher at Tranan Preschool, Malmö studying a Web Design course at Malmö Högskola and I am seeking a work placement opportunity with your company.

My course, which is directed at women only...

I thought those Scandinavians were more enlightened than that! :eek

Back