Word,Excel etc

apple

IIs there any way I can copy Microsoft word, excel etc from one PC to another as I cant find the original disk.

No, you'll need a disc, or at least a loan of one.

Or else you could download (free) [broken link removed], which is similar and can open a lot of MS Office files (76Mb download, though — you'd want a broadband connection!).

Are you on a Network? You could save it on to the network and copy it across. Or you could always email it from one machine to another.

ribena, i think the original post was how to copy the applications rather then a doc or spreadsheet. Dr M is right, you'll need a cd or go for one of the free options.

Some companies, as part of their licence agreement with Microsoft, allow employees to load Microsoft Office Products on their home pc.

Personally, I would just borrow a disc from someone. But if you do want to buy it again new, you can get a 15% discount if you're a student or teacher.

You can get Microsoft® Office Professional Edition 2003 for €79.99 [broken link removed] (for example) — but as a download.

That's interesting Doc - they don't seem to ask for proof of student status and the prices seem to be a lot cheaper than the retail prices!

Oh - I suppose the click through End User License Agreement covers this?

Back