Woodworm

Ash 22

I've found woodworm on a piece of furniture in my room. What is the most effective treatment and also how will I know finally that I've got rid of the woodworm altogether?

They normally hatch around april, I would burn that piece of furniture or get it out of the house asap....You can get protim which kills the woodwood. You also have to scrap a candle over the holes as they woodwood cant eat through wax, well from what I can remember since I read about it.

I'd check other areas around where you had peice of furniture for flight holes.....

Also its can be very hard to virtually get rid of them once they settle in. My house is over 60+ years and have found them in attic trusses,treated where ever I could but there might always be a place I've missed.

I've found woodworm on a piece of furniture in my room. What is the most effective treatment

I've found [broken link removed] is fine for getting rid of woodworm.

how will I know finally that I've got rid of the woodworm altogether?

Best way to ensure you've gotten rid of every woodworm in your house is to burn every bit of wood you have from the floor boards to the rafters.:rolleyes:

Woodworm have been with us for thousands of years and will be with us for thousands more.

If you want to ensure you've gotten rid of the woodworm from your house best to get tens of gallons of woodworm killer and spray your house from the roof to the basement.

Other than that I can't think of anything.

S.L.F

I wouldn't panic too much if it's just a few flight holes on furniture. I'm not sure woodworm larvae can survive modern, dry homes. Really badly-affected wood crumbles to pieces.

For internal treatment you can get an insecticide which you squirt into the holes. For suspected attic/loft infestations you can spray a mist, although I think a lot of modern wood is treated.

SSE

Back