Wooden Slats for Bed

flatbroke

Hi

I have a normal size 4 x 6 beds that uses wooden slats to place the mattress on and rather then get a new bed I would like to replace the slats. I would be grateful if anybody could supply any info of where I could bet replacements.

Thanks for your help

When some of mine broke I just went to woodies and bought some lengths of wood that were about the same dimension, cut them to size and screwed them into place.

Slats are used on all the best beds across Europe. Lidl where selling them for € 30/€50 a wile back. I though at the time the Irish will not have a clue what's going on here. So contact them as I would say they have a warehouse full of them.

Whatever you do don't buy your replacement slats in Ikea!
For the simple reason that Ikea beds are slightly bigger than non-Ikea beds, so unless your bed is already Ikea their slats won't fit it.

(As it happens I have an Ikea bed, with their slats, and it's amazingly comfortable. My last bed also had wooden slats, and I'm using the same mattress, but I get a much better night's sleep now. I'd highly recommend them.)

When some of mine broke I just went to woodies and bought some lengths of wood that were about the same dimension, cut them to size and screwed them into place.

That's what I did as well. No problem.

Back