Wooden floors in kitchen

U

Unregistered

I am thinking of putting wooden floors all downstairs in a new house, can anyone tell me if there are any typr of wooden floors which are suitable for a kitchen ? would rather not have to tile kitchen floor.

Unregistered said:
I am thinking of putting wooden floors all downstairs in a new house, can anyone tell me if there are any typr of wooden floors which are suitable for a kitchen ? would rather not have to tile kitchen floor.

Personally I think any type of wooden floor in a kitchen area is a mistake as there can be heavy traffic in the kitchen espeicially in a family home and leaks yes we all get those at some stage and they can ruin a floor I've seen expensive floors being pulled up and thrown away after a bad washing machine leak they tend to warp badly when moisture gets at them and then dry out.
You do have other options ok tiling is out you don't fancy that but have you looked at the new ranges of Lino available I have and believe me some look fantastic and people are fooled when it's laid down properly.
Check them out for yourself you may be surprized and how easy it is to change it just peel up the old stuff and get new laid down again the high quality lino lasts longer than a duracel bunny.

Good Luck ;)

You could also consider the wooden look Amtico. We have it in our bathroom and it's terrific, so hard wearing, warm underfoot and waterproof.

Just to note - Amtico is really expensive, Karndean is a similar but slightly cheaper option but also much more expensive than wood/tiles/lino but it claims to last forever. I looked into it but decided against the expense.

We have a solid "hickorey" wooden floor in our kitchen/dining room for the past 8 years. Even though we have pads under all the tables and chairs to prevent scrathing,the floor has alot of marks and scrapes and really needs to be sanded and varnished again.
I would not reccomend it,especially if you haved kids

Back