Wooden curtain rail has come out of the wall

muinteoir

The curtain rail has come away from the wall. It is still hanging but I'd like to fix it properly before I hang the curtains again. Would Gorilla Glue work?

Unlikely - curtain rails are usually attached to the wall using screws

You'll have to explain. Have the screws come out of the wall, or has the wooden bracket separated into 2 parts: 1 firmly connected to the wall and the other on the pole?

My curtain rail,screws and rawlplugs all came out of the wall (the walls in places are powdery) and the intrepid diy-er that is she who must be obeyed fixed it back into the wall with 'no more nails' and it's held perfectly for more than a year.
I told her it wouldn't work ,as I frequently am reminded.

My curtain rail,screws and rawlplugs all came out of the wall (the walls in places are powdery) and the intrepid diy-er that is she who must be obeyed fixed it back into the wall with 'no more nails' and it's held perfectly for more than a year.
I told her it wouldn't work ,as I frequently am reminded.
You'll need longer screws & rawlplugs that go into the blocks/bricks and not just the plasterboard/ plaster. There's no other fix that'll work properly. A few Euro in Homebase and a drill with a hammer action and bob's your uncle. I do suggest that you drill the holes 1mm smaller and then open them out with the correct sized drill bit. That way the rawlplugs will anchor much better.

Back