Wood Windows Cream Paint

Taximan

Wife and myself considering updating exterior of house which is looking a little tired to say the least. Wife likes the natural rational and a cream finish on the house. I feel this look has had its day every apartment block I see looks like this now Dose anyone agree with me?

Has anyone any good experience of using Rational Windows ? we used them once before and found their customer service Brutal. But we love their windows but not even sure if they will take our business after last time!

Told wife they could not come up to her "exacting standards of production" no joke. Window arrived damaged made a huge song and dance about taking it back eventually returned it not perfect Stain job was poor on damaged areas and told us take the window as is or forget it!! Also the two panells they left behind we later noticed were scratched but would not stand over them as said they were on our prop over night therefore we had already accepted them.

It was terrible but as I said we really like their windows !!

We are currently extending our house and replacing all the existing windows and looked in a number of timber windows. In the end we went with Rationel for two principle reasons, Firstly we liked the windows and secondly price. They were cheaper than other quality timber windows.

We looked at Produkt which were beautiful but very pricey. They have a range of different timbers and their alu cladding ones were really nice. We would have gone with Produkt but were just too expensive compared to Rationel. Webiste [broken link removed]

We also looked at Vrogrum windows. They are a bit like Rationel but with a little bit more detail on the interior. They worked out a little bit more expensive and I preferred the simplicity of Rationel. I have lost the website address for Vrogrum but if you google them you should them.

I have no connection to any of the above companies

Ruam

Just make sure that the sashes (openings) open in and not out as with most of the imported ones as on the continent they all have shutters for the bad weather. Where will you fit the blinds to if the sash opens in?

i have my plans left with a guy in monaghan area who does nice looking high quality dainish windows called kipa windows [broken link removed] have'nt got price back though so still cant say if i'll get them or upvc

Back