Woman calls the Gardai over bank harrassment

This is interesting from the point of view that D. Hall has submitted a proposal to the bank, on behalf of the borrower, 3 times and 3 times they have turned it down.
As is their right if they feel the proposals aren't beneficial to them/the taxpayer

As is their right if they feel the proposals aren't beneficial to them/the taxpayer
Patrick J.

May well be interesting but inclined to be with Delboy on this one.

It may turn out her proposals are bunkum or indeed maybe reasonable.
I am always concerned when individual cases get the (press) treatment.

I await further news before judging.

Hi guys, I actually agree with you both and this is coming from myself an individual who is also in a conundrum. I should have elaborated further by saying D. Hall and similar could be doing more damage for the distressed borrower than they would possibly do themselves if they were to approach the bank directly. It seems since I have engaged a PIP I have added fuel to the fire; further threats of legal action and legal costs which are or off the wall are now becoming a norm for me.

I agree the press treatment is concerning.

Why bother the Gardai with such trivia when she could have simply written to TSB asking them to contact her by written letter only. Most banks facilitate borrowers this way.

Patrick j.

Very worrying to hear you getting more (enemy fire) having gone the PIP route .
Log everything ,
I do hear anecdotally, that Banks are still bullying when they can.
Surely you using a PIP would lessen calls etc to you.
If your Bank is being so (crankey) ,it is hard to see how anything can get resolved.

Patrick j.

Very worrying to hear you getting more (enemy fire) having gone the PIP route .
Log everything ,
I do hear anecdotally, that Banks are still bullying when they can.
Surely you using a PIP would lessen calls etc to you.
If your Bank is being so (crankey) ,it is hard to see how anything can get resolved.

The bank would ring me and i'd have to basically explain my life story over from start to finish to a different person each time., this went on almost every month for years and I eventually found it to be insulting and degrading,, i had to raise my voice the last time and the bank have not called me since. that was about 5 months ago.

While helping out a friend I can concur with the contents expressed by PatrickJ that every time that a proposal was put forward by an advisor the immediate response was a high handed threatening reply without addressing what they found acceptable or unacceptable with the proposals. It was just like a generic response created by a computer when you press the "threatening letter button". I am not going into the rights or wrongs of the case other than to state that one of the letters was offering everything he has. He does not have any income. He has no money. He is being kept by his family. He personally does not want the "stigma" of bankruptcy and he is just a few years from the state pension. BOI just want to keep the torture machine operating on him even though they have the full story.
They are leaving assets lying there doing nothing since the receiver took some of them over some 12 months ago. Nothing wrong with the legals either.

Back