Wobbly picture on Black Diamond TV - is it worth fixing?

Z

Z100

The picture on our Black Diamond TV starting going a bit wobbly a few weeks ago when we turned it on but it always comes right after a minute or two.

The distortion is getting worse now when we switch it on (looks a bit like the aerial is gone), but again, it comes right fairly quickly. The only thing is that when we use subtitles they are slightly skewed which suggests this is one TV that could be on its last legs.

The set is about 6/8 years old - is there any point trying to get it fixed or should we just get a new one? Any one had similar problems with a Black Diamond?

Thanks.

Always worth checking if it's simply a loose connection - e.g. at the coax/SCART connectors (or possibly internally if you are not averse to looking inside WHEN ISOLATED FROM THE MAINS) - which could be a DIY repair job. Otherwise if it is on the way out (which I doubt from the symptoms described) then I would imagine that it would not be cost effective to repair rather than replace.

I have a Black Diamond 21" TV for the past 10 years or so and never had any problems with it.

Just remeber that old CRT TV's retain high voltage, even when switched off. I'd be reluctant to fiddle about inside.:eek:

It blew up this morning!! A loud bang, followed by smoke coming out the back. I wasn't there so was spared the fright, but my brother is still getting his breath back! Isn't that kind of scary that the flippin' thing would blow like that? Right, time to go TV shopping.

(Thanks for the earlier replies, by the way)

Back