Witnessed odd transaction (poss fraud) in petrol station shop - would you report it.

Re: Witnessed odd transaction (poss fraud) in petrol station shop - would you report

It was Wednesday before I got to them....would think it might take some time for them to look into things. Would not expect anything back for a week or so anyway

Re: Witnessed odd transaction (poss fraud) in petrol station shop - would you report

any update on this mandac?

Nowt as yet!

I work p/t in a petrol station and I can't see how this scam would work :confused: Our tills (and any others I've seen) are linked to the petrol pumps. Someone fuels up, it registers on our till, they come and pay and we pull the sale down to the till part and take payment. If the amount due on the pump isn't paid our till would be short. Anyone on the take wouldn't want that as it's inclined to make the powers that be look closer at what is going wrong.

Maybe I'm being thick or perhaps it's a different system MandaC witnessed.

Yes, that is what I thought that it would be quite difficult to scam, but what ever happened here, they were only charged for the soft drink, that is a definite and they filled up with petrol on the the way out (it was not prepay). and the guy behind the counter was ducking behind the counter, actually ducking down as if he was shutting off pumps or something. They paid €1.75, and drove off with petrol in their car, how they did it I dont knowl

It is very odd and I hope I hear the outcome.

Just a thought, maybe it was the owner/owner's son and they have a system/log book under counter to record his petrol as he doesn't have to pay?

Another thought, the person might have an petrol account - normally you have to have a card or sign a book, so I'm sure you'd have noticed them doing that.

Can't wait for them to get back to Manda to solve this once and for all!

Back