Wireless Scart - Connect DVD to LCD

dk99

The original idea was to buys a LCD/DVD combi but when i went to get one was told in 3 different shops the the quality was not great. In teh end we bought a standard LCD. The LCD is now up on the wall and have a dvd in a press over the other side of the room. We were going to buy 15meter scart lead but then someone mentioned that you can now get "wireless scarts" that plug into each devise and send signal.

Searched here and found a few references but the only problem is that the ones i seen all require a seperate power supply.

Anyone know if there are ones that dont need deperate power supply. Also wondering about th equality of the picture.

Are "Digisenders" the same as wireless scarts. if not would they be a better solution?

It must be a digisender. They are ok but you will experience a loss in picture quality. Perhaps this will be less pronounced as the DVD player is in the same room as the LCD, so there will be little if no obstruction.
However, as you have just bought a new LCD at considerable expense, do you not want to experience superior picture quality?
My advice: ditch the idea of a digisender (you refer to it as a wireless scart) and position the DVD player in close proximity to your new TV. Hook it up with a good quality cable, sit back and enjoy!

Back