Wireless phone connector for extra socket

L

legend99

Guys,
Someone mentioned to me that they have heard of a product that enables you to put a phone socket in room B, that is wireless back to room A.
I.E. you can add a phone socket in a room wirelessly rather than having to run your wire to connect them....anyone know anything about this product?
thanks!

Went nosing....found these myself...
product itself:
[broken link removed]

discussion of it
[broken link removed]

Re: ..

Why not just get a cordless phone instead of a wireless phone socket extender? They are dirt cheap these days.

saw one for 19.99 in the Harvey Norman Catologue
Go Harvey Go

No go Clubman....want it for to connect Sky box into...so need a literal connection!

We have had a sky box for 2+ years and have never plugged it into the phone. If you are a 'red' button user or order 'stuff' you will need it but otherwise ?? The installer used a phone extension cable when installing but left it accross the floor ;-).

hey judge...could you do me a favour and see in the Harvey Norman catalogue if its the type of one that uses the ESB wires in your house to give you the phone signal?!
Living outside the pale....so no HN for me...thank God!

You said there was one in the H Norman catalogue....could you post some info about it from the catalogue for me?!!
Thanks!

Will get some info for ya this evening and post asap. wasnt sure about your esb reference.

Legend,

There is a free Harvey Norman catalogue in the Indo to-day. I see there is a Sigma iCall Digital cordless phone for €19.99 on the back page in their 'Top 12 Christmas Gift Ideas'. The reference is HPXXDCTTRBL. That's the total info. they give on both the back page and page 36.

Sullen. ;)

There is a free Harvey Norman catalogue in the Indo to-day.

Not being smart but do the normally charge for the brochure or something?

wasnt sure about your esb reference.

I presume that this was a reference to the type of device that uses the electricity power lines inside a house to transmit data or other signals "wirelessly" (like [broken link removed]) in contrast to those that use radio waves to do so?

Hey club. Yes thats what I meant. See my second post above. is there a device out there that allows you to put a socket in another room wirelessly and without the use of the ESB wires to do it???

Judging from what you described it would seem that the Harvey Norman thing is just a cordless phone???

And I would be surprised if the Indo in cork had those catalogues....

legend, it is just a cordless phone an is as described above.

Would a be of any use (you are trying to watch SKY in another room without getting another box yes???)

Nope, you need to have Sky box itself connected to phone line.

You can get a Wireless Phone Line Extender in the eircom 3G stores.

You can get a Wireless Phone Line Extender in the Eircom 3G stores. It's the one that goes through the electric circuit. You can use internet dial up or broadband through it aswell.

Back