wireless internet constantly disconnecting and reconnecting??

StaroftheSea

Hi ,

I have just bought a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7. It will connect to my eircom wifi no problem, only to lose the connection 20 seconds later. It will then continuously connect and disconnect from the signal. I cannot see any way of fixing this. My old laptop running Vista is sitting beside me and it's working fine with the internet.....

Any one in the know!?

Thanks in advance.

Know someone who had exact same problem recently, will find out answer.

right, what you have to do is go into control panel, then network and internet and then power options - will be on balanced or power saver, change to high performance. Alter high performance settings, then go to advanced performance setting and make sure tab says high performance active & try that.

Have been given those instructions so hope it is accurate, think what the problem was is the laptop is trying to save power to prolong battery life but the power setting is actually too low to stay connected.

Another thing to try. Click on the battery symbol,click on advanced system settings. Scroll down the box until you come to wireless settings,expand it out by clicking on the "+" open the dropdown menu for both battery power and plugged in and select "maximum performance.

Thanks wbbs and caff, I've adjusted those settings you've suggested caff and it seems to be working fine so far.....

Back