Wine break

Sandy2004

Hi
Hoping you can help
The OH has a big birthday coming up and would like to book a break away in Europe for3/4 days in a wine region.. He is a white wine drinker if that helps.
Would like a nice hotel which we could book a tour with
Any ideas? any wine holidays I have seen online are very jam packed. Looking for a relaxing break less the kids!

If he's fond of a drop of Riesling I would suggest investigating the Moselle River in Germany. There are many lovely towns along it and the wine is really nice. You also have the option of a river cruise which look good. We cycled along it last year from Trier to Koblenz as part of a touring holiday and really liked it.

Hi
Hoping you can help
The OH has a big birthday coming up and would like to book a break away in Europe for3/4 days in a wine region.. He is a white wine drinker if that helps.
Would like a nice hotel which we could book a tour with
Any ideas? any wine holidays I have seen online are very jam packed. Looking for a relaxing break less the kids!

Not exactly what you describe but these Irish expats have a vineyard in France and do onsite accommodation. They feature annualy in the Irish papers and occasionally on radio. No connection with them but I did buy a row of vines for a year for the other half as a present. [broken link removed]

I've stayed here [broken link removed] it's a beautiful area, in the Tokaij region of Hungary, off the beaten track, tasting menus, great spa.

How about a stay in verona? Great food and wine, direct flights from dublin, short transfer just enough sights to keep you interested but not so many you will be wrecked and you are surrounded by wine regions , trips available to both red and white such as amarone, soave , i did a half tour with the following company http://www.pagusvalpolicella.net/ it cost about 60 euro i think and was lovely. During the summer you have the open air opera in the roman arena which is spectacular

I've stayed in Verona too!, Bertani estates did a tour for us, short train ride to Venice while there too.

Back